Joe Felber – Abstract Landscapes in Oils/Acrylics: W6 with Joe Felber
This is a 6 week course.
About Joe Felber
Joe Felber is Swiss born, but has resided in Australia for many years.
Joe has a vast art teaching experience, both in various Universities, and private tuition.
He has been collected in many Australian State Galleries, and brings a vast knowledge of different art experiences.
Course description and aims.
• Explore Abstract painting, using three varied approaches:
• Landscape – simplifying the shapes and colour of the landscape
• Abstraction using a grid – use a grid method to rearrange and abstract what you see
• Creating a cubist style work from still life by rearranging form and line.
We’ll spend two weeks on each of the above.
This course is suitable for both beginners and experienced artists.
• A4 or A3 Journal
• Pencil B2 – B8 or coloured pencil.
• Free choice charcoal compressed
• Colour wheel
• Paints oil or acrylic
• Mont Marte Acrylic Flow Medium 250ml
• Painting palette
• Canvas or board, small (A3) or bigger
• Brushes different sizes
• Rags and a cup plastic ok for water
• Masking tape
To enrol in Joe Felber – Abstract Landscapes in Oils/Acrylics: W6, please contact the tutor liaison.
6 Sep 2023
7pm - 9.30pm
$135 Members; $180 Non-Members
A few Testimonials for Joe’s classes.
“Having enjoyed Joe’s class, I really enjoyed reflecting on how I thought differently about using colour in achieving depth with using a variety of colour. I really enjoyed working with him. Joe’s encouragement gave me a sense of achievement.”
“I really enjoyed his class in 2022. I felt that I gained considerable understanding of what abstraction involves and I followed up on investigating a number of the artists who Joe referenced in the course.”
”I still have the painting which I created in his classes. It has been hanging in my living room all this time and it still brings me joy and inspiration. The classes were a great freeing and learning experience for me when I really needed it.”
“I’ve done Joe’s course twice now and always produce several new works, learn new techniques and have great fun.