The Burnside Painting Group promotes art in the community and provides opportunities for budding and experienced Artists to learn, practice, and exhibit their work.
Located in the south-eastern suburbs of Adelaide, South Australia, the Group has been successfully run by volunteers since it began nearly 60 years ago.
Membership is open to both beginners and experienced painters.
We run a very popular series of art courses given by experienced artists and tutors. Classes are usually held on:
Monday 10 am – 12.30pm;
Wednesday 7.00 pm – 9.30 pm; and
Thursday mornings 10am – 12.30pm
However, the days and times can vary, so check our course schedule for current information. Courses are open to both Members and non-Members at differing rates.
We hold social nights with interesting guest speakers, and run a range of other activities including regular visits to the Art Gallery of South Australia and other exhibitions, Companion Painting session, and our Annual SALA Exhibition of members’ work as part of the SALA Festival.
We have a very reasonable annual membership fee, and our class fees are also very affordable. As our classes are popular, it is important to enrol and pay the class fee before the class term starts.
- To provide a pleasant interactive and social environment for anyone interested in learning and practising painting and drawing and improving their skills as they produce a body of work
- To provide members with an opportunity to learn new skills in a variety of different art media
- To provide opportunities for members to exhibit and/or sell their work
Our 2023 Office-Bearers are:
- President – Thelma Harvey. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer – Elaine Fardell. Contact at email@example.com
- Secretary – Lyn Coad
- Vice-President – Jenny Haslam
St Matthews Homes
The venue for most of our activities is the St Matthews Homes’ Activities Hall, corner Bridge & Wellington Streets, Kensington (just off Kensington Rd, one block from Portrush Rd).